Re: Weird number of messages on server

From: Michael Widerkrantz
Subject: Re: Weird number of messages on server
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:09:22 +0100

giglio robbo' d'acciaio <daniele@mother.nostromo.wy> writes:

> Moreover, if I browse the active file of my news server throught the server
> buffer, the entry of that groups shows the correct number of messages.
> This is strange indeed.

I have the same experience.

For me, it's the comp.compilers group.

Gnus says it has 10651 articles. The news server says:

  Me:                  group comp.compilers
  news.lysator.liu.se: 211 411 8841 9514 comp.compilers

which I get to 673.

I tried to kill the group and subscribe again, but that didn't help.

I tried to find all mentions of the group in .newsrc.eld and other
files and remove them. Then I restarted Emacs and Gnus, but that
didn't help.

I did what Ted asked about M-x gnus-bug RET and included *Messages*,
my .newsrc.eld, the nntp-log and various other things.

Any ideas?