Re: Weird number of messages on server

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Weird number of messages on server
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 12:40:22 -0500

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 13:28:46 -0500 mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) wrote:

MTBC> giglio robbo' d'acciaio <daniele@mother.nostromo.wy> writes:
MTBC> (snip)
>> It's not so simple. I had already tried this, and that's what I get: I catch
>> up all the article in that groups, so the buffer tells me that there are zero
>> unread articles, then when I try to enter that group Gnus reads from the nntp
>> server the number of articles present and again returns me that huge
>> amount.

MTBC> I sometimes see something similar - see my report at
MTBC> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=393546

MTBC> I find that removing all mention of the afflicted groups from Gnus'
MTBC> files, then resubscribing, etc. fixes the problem when it happens.

I hope that works.  I've never seen this bug.  If you can replicate it
reliably, turn on the NNTP log, and try to submit a bug  You may need
to send us your newsrc.eld and other bits.

Ted