Re: Learning gnus for email only

From: Springfield
Subject: Re: Learning gnus for email only
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:54:31 +0000

Hi harel,

"harel barzilai" <barzilai@gmail.com> writes:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest the following setup:
>>
>> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
>> (setq mail-sources nil)
>>
>> (add-to-list
>>  'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>  '(nnmaildir "test"
>>           (directory "~/Maildir")
>>           (create-directory "../foo")
>>           (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
>>           (get-new-mail nil)))
>
> Thanks, but it's not clear to me what you're suggesting I create as
> "foo"?
>
>> I'm not sure about the correct server parameter (I don't use maildir).
>
> Hmm, what does this have to do with servers? I thought we are just
> trying to tell gnus *not* to look on any server but just to know which
> local
> files/directories to look for, to find email messages?

I use this with a late gnus:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnmaildir ""
                   (directory "~/.nnmaildir/")
                   (expire-age never)
                   )))

In ~/.nnmaildir/ I have symlinks to my Maildirs like this:

catalyst@lists.rawmode.org -> /home/xxx/Mail/lists/catalyst@lists.rawmode.org
emacs-devel@gnu.org -> /home/xxx/Mail/lists/emacs-devel@gnu.org
personal -> /home/xxx/Mail/personal

This is ideal as I like procmail to process my emails rather than
splitting.

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Spring