Re: gnus is freezing right after startup

From: William Warren
Subject: Re: gnus is freezing right after startup
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:04:43 -0500

Slackat wrote:

Did you review the specific nntp server login requirement as per my
message a few minutes ago?

[QUOTE]
Step 5:
Enter your full Speakeasy email address for Account Name.

Enter your news password.

Your news password is separate from your email/MySpeakeasy password,
though they can be set to the same password if you wish. You can reset
your news password via MySpeakeasy (Manage/Add Services > Manage
Email/Passwords > Change News Password.)
[END-QUOTE

Thanks, that cured it.

I was using what I thought was the same NNTP user id & password as in Thunderbird on the Windoze box, but I went out to Speakeasy and reset it to be sure. Thunderbird gave an auth failure on Usenet access, so you were right. I could have sworn I had set it to the "email" password.

For those doing Google searches in the future:

keywords: solution fixed repaired gnus emacs stalls stalled freeze freezes "Loading gnus-start...done"

I appreciate your help. I would have replied in Gnus, but your post didn't show up in the thread for some reason.

William

">