Attachments in forwarded messages garbled

From: David Abrahams
Subject: Attachments in forwarded messages garbled
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:12:53 -0500

Ever since I made the switch to Linux for my main machine, I've been
having the problem that when I forward (gnus-summary-mail-forward) a
message that contains an attachment, the recipent gets a garbled
version of the original attachment.

I am using a CVS version of Emacs.  I see this effect both with the
version of Gnus it ships with and with a CVS HEAD version of Gnus.  I
have unfortunately been unable to test this with a release version
(21.4) of emacs; Gnus just won't start up for me in that version :(

I would really appreciate some help with this; it's becoming a major
productivity drain.

Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Abrahams