skipping to new article without reading it

From: Shanks N
Subject: skipping to new article without reading it
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:17:55 +0530

In nognus 0.04, in a Summary buffer, pressing n goes to the next
unread article and opens it.  Is there a way to just go the next
unread article without connecting to the server to read it?

I use my laptop in office and at home.  In office, nntp  is blocked.
I use fetchmail to get mail to a local spool and read it in gnus.  Is
there a way to selectively read the local spool without connecting to
the nntp server?   If gnus can figure out whether it's in office or at
home, even better! :)

Right now I use gnus-no-server or hit C-g like mad if I forgetfully M-x
gnus in office.

regards,
Shanks