Re: smtpmail, starttls authentication

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: smtpmail, starttls authentication
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:57:10 +0100

  >> Hmmm. Well, it's a pity that the documentation does represent the
  >> state of development. Would be easier if I hadn't expected it to
  >> work.
  >>
  >> Phil

  HQ> Well, on the Linux side of things its often very hard to get
  HQ> people to admit that things don't work : its like insulting
  HQ> their children's intelligence or something. I spent ages messing
  HQ> around trying to get smtpmail working with gmail - not one
  HQ> person said "it doesn't work". When I got the CVS version,
  HQ> voila, it all "just worked". A moral there : if in doubt, try
  HQ> CVS first.

I am using the CVS version (of emacs). Maybe not the most recent
version though. Will try and update sometime soon.

Still, once I'd trade the error it was fairly clear from the code that
it was going to be windows specific.

Personally, I always document where I have tested code, and where I
know it to be working. Perhaps no one ever reads the
documentation. Am I weird this way?

Phil