Re: Group Summary Not Updated on "g"

From: Randy Yates
Subject: Re: Group Summary Not Updated on "g"
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 14:31:19 GMT

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I using gnus 5.10.7.
>>
>> When I press "g" in the group summary buffer, emails
>> are updated, but groups are not, i.e., the number of
>> unread articles aren't updated. Oddly, if I enter
>> a specific group, then exit and press "g", the unread
>> article count is update.
>
> Do "C h k g" in the group list and the summary before and compare
> them. Something is wrong.
>
> g in the group list does this for me : g runs the command
> gnus-summary-show-article

g runs `gnus-group-get-new-news'

`gnus-group-get-new-news' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
  -- loaded from "gnus-group"
(gnus-group-get-new-news &optional ARG)

Documentation:
Get newly arrived articles.
If ARG is a number, it specifies which levels you are interested in
re-scanning.  If ARG is non-nil and not a number, this will force
"hard" re-reading of the active files from all servers.

--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Bird, on the wing,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %   goes floating by