Re: Managing multiple identities (was: ...)

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Managing multiple identities (was: ...)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:46:59 -0500

"Reiner Steib" <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> wrote in message
v9y7uquheh.fsf_-_@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de">news:v9y7uquheh.fsf_-_@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de...
> On Mon, Jul 17 2006, Priyadarshan wrote:
>
> > There is something that has been stopping me from using gnus, and that
> > is how to manage multiple accounts, not just multiple SMTPs, but also
> > multiple  identities, like Thunderbird does.
> >
> > I have searched for an answer to this with no success.
> [ Citation stripped.  Please don't top-post. ]
>
> Did you read (info "(gnus)Posting Styles")?
>
> Bye, Reiner.

The problem I have with understanding the Gnus Posting Style info page is
that it doesn't explain how the variable 'gnus-posting-styles is used in:

"
  So here's a new example:

     (setq gnus-posting-styles
           '((".*"
              (signature-file "~/.signature")
              (name "User Name")
"

In ver 21.3 I don't see this variable when I type C-h v gnusTAB.    Where
else is it referenced? Would it do anything if I put something like this
in the .emacs or .gnus?:

 (setq gnus-posting-styles
           '(((message-news-p)
              (address "add1@isp"))