very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:01:23 +0200

Hi,

I don't want open buffers when I reply in gnus, so I asked this question
about a week ago, but nobody answered the last part of it.

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.gnus/browse_frm/thread/47090b06ba6c6c5b/db6fd7a5da122c40?lnk=st&q=very+quick+question+about+open+buffers+group%3Agnu.emacs.gnus&rnum=1&hl=en#db6fd7a5da122c40

>> Then I write my comments and then I press C-c C-c and the post is
>> send. But the buffer isn't closed. [...]

>> So is it supposed to work that way?

> Yes.

>> I don't like having manually to kill those buffers, so is there a
>> better method?

> (info "(message)Message Buffers")

Sorry, I looked the wrong place before.
I guess you're referring to:

`message-generate-new-buffers'
     If non-`nil', generate new buffers.  The default is `t'.  If this
     is a function, call that function with three parameters: The type,
     the to address and the group name.  (Any of these may be `nil'.)
     The function should return the new buffer name.

So I inserted this in my .gnus:

(setq message-generate-new-buffers nil) ;; kill buffer after replying to post

I don't think it's correct... Nothing changed. I still get open buffers
after replying...

Question: What exactly do I insert in my .gnus file to get this
behaviour? I'm a gnus newbie, so I really don't know, except the above
line didn't work....

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk