Re: Spam quation : procmail v spam.el using spamassassin.

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Spam quation : procmail v spam.el using spamassassin.
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:51:24 -0400

On 19 Jun 2006, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:

> It is a help : if only to calm me down and think more logically -
> sometimes it can all be a bit confusing :( Especially with this new
> default spam process which has replaced spamassassin - it wasnt
> immediately clear to me wither this spam.el was compatible with
> spamassassins x-headers etc etc.

It's meant to be general (with SA support among others), and the
manual tries to explain that.  Did you find the manual section about
spam.el hard to follow?  If so, it would be helpful if you pointed out
problems or gave us suggestions so we can improve it.

> Maybe one last answer (which may or may not be in manuals) : I use
> posting styles to maintain different email folders - is it trivial (before I
> start wasting time trying) to configure spam.el to move the "mark as NOT
> spam" to the correct procmail populated maildirs in gnus?

[ ham == NOT spam ]

You can move ham articles automatically out of spam groups.  You need
to classify that group as a spam group with `G c' and the rest is
automatic.

There can be multiple ham destinations per group.  When you exit the
group, ham messages will be copied or moved to the ham destinations
(moved to the last one and copied to all the others) and processed
with the ham processors you've defined (none by default).

You can also define a ham destination of nil (leave in place) or
'respool (send back to the split-fancy process).  All of this can be
customized with `G c'.

Ted