Re: spamassassin and gnus

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: spamassassin and gnus
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:51:11 -0400

On 18 Jun 2006, hadronquark@gmail.com wrote:

> I have spamc talking to spamd and procmail then moving spam to special
> spam folders depending on the newly added spamassassin headers.
>
> How to mark mail as not spam though?
> I seem unable to find documentation on how to alter this and mark mails
> as spam and not spam inside the gnus interface.

It's done with marks.  You can set up custom marks for spam and ham;
by default there's only one spam mark ($), while ham has several
marks.  `G c' on any group will show you the list of marks, which you
can customize per group/topic or with gnus-parameters.

As for driving SA to do the right thing, if you use the spam.el SA
backend, it will pick the options properly for you.  If you do it
manually, you probably want to use the sa-learn script on the
messages.

Ted