Re: How many use eMacs and Gnus on daily basis?

From: notbob
Subject: Re: How many use eMacs and Gnus on daily basis?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:58:18 -0500

On 2006-06-08, David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> wrote:

> Emacs when it's added them in as well.  XEmacs's other advantage is
> that it comes with an add-on bundle of approximately every elisp
> package out there;........

Well, it used to.  No longer.  Now all those packages must be added by
the user.  I recently downloaded and compiled xemacs only to discover
basic functions like calendar, gnus, and dired are not included.

I found this disclaier:

" In order to reduce the size and increase the maintainability of
XEmacs, the majority of the Elisp that came with previous releases
have been unbundled."

http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/packageGuide.html

nb