Re: archiving mail with nnmail-expiry-target

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: archiving mail with nnmail-expiry-target
Date: 7 Jun 2006 16:21:38 -0700

Nelson Ferreira wrote:

> Here you are using the nnfolder backend which is a single file based
> group which gets loaded into a buffer. If you use nnml or some other
> backend you'll get around this..

I'll keep this in mind as a plan B. I was hoping to keep things in
separate mbox
files so that I can use various other tools against them.

> Are you sure you quit Gnus properly with 'q' in the Group buffer ?
> Gnus should save the buffer at that time. You can also do it by
> pressing 's' in the group buffer which saves all changes in the state
> of groups etc.

Yes, I'm using q to exit gnus. I've just tried using s as well and this
also
doesn't save the changes. I still get prompted by emacs at quit time
to save Mail/Jun-2006/Inbox. Must gnus open an mbox file in a buffer to
append expired messages to it ? I'm starting to think that even if I
can
get it to save the changes, it is going to cause problems once I start
having up to a month worth of various mailing list mboxes open in
various
buffers. Is going to a different backend for expiry-targets the only
way to solve this ?