Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:35:11 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

On Sun, May 28 2006, Martin Jørgensen wrote:

byte-code: gnus-agent-read-agentview no longer supports version 1.
Stop gnus, manually evaluate
gnus-agent-convert-to-compressed-agentview, then restart gnus.

Anyone know what that's about?

Don't use yaced if they offer only outdated CVS versions.  This Gnus
bug was fixed in Emacs CVS on 2005-12-09.

"Don't use" is step #2 with free software.  Step #1 is to mail the
author and ask whether he intends to release something to fix this
soon.  It's just a mail, not a phone sex line, and you don't get
blocked by support golems.  So it is always worth an attempt.

I did that and he replied:

"Sadly, I will not be able to address this soon. I will check it and see if I can do something about it."

So even though people don't recommend Aquamacs Emacs I don't think I have any alternative. I just hate those damn "#€"(€#!"(%!"(€ windows, because sometimes if I have like 5-6 open windows, they're on top of each other and then I have to move the mouse to move the window.

I found out I can activate them with C-x 4 C-o and C-x 5 C-o, but it's always the same direction I go through the windows.... I don't know if it's possible to walk 1 back, if I found out I needed the previously selected frame/window. And then I have experimented with opening a buffer with C-x C-b or C-x 5 C-b and yet those damn windows stick behind some of the other windows, sometimes...

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk