Re: batch email reading?

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: batch email reading?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 21:41:37 +0900

> Anyone has a batch email reading function for gnus? (So gnus will read
> and classify  the 100+ emails a day I receive before I get to work?)
> The gnus-batch-kill function does not read email, and I tried to use it
> as a base for a batch mail reader but it seems that I call a function
> that generates an error while in batch.

I use the following crontab entry which runs before I get to work:

15 6 * * * rm -f ~/#.newsrc-dribble# ~/.newsrc-dribble; /usr/local/bin/emacs
-batch -u yamaoka --eval '(gnus 1)' -f gnus-group-quit

`-u yamaoka' is necessary to let Emacs load my ~/.emacs file (my
account name is "yamaoka").  `1' means to make Gnus check only
mail groups (I've set the group levels to 1 for all mail groups).