Re: Unsubscribe command

From: Aaron Hsu
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 02:01:40 -0500

notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:

> What's with the unsubscribe command (u)?  No probs marking groups as
> unsubscribed.  But, when restarting gnus, or even total emacs restart,
> unsubscribed groups are still be present along with U flag.  Going
> into ~/.newsrc file and deleting group name finally deleted
> unsubscribed groups completely.  I did notice these unsubscribed
> groups had an exclamation point (!) at the end of the group name.  For
> example....
>
> gnus.emacs.gnus!
>
> Is that why they would not go away?  If so, how did the ! get there?

I believe that the ! informs the reader not to fetch new messages for
that group. In general, I notice that the groups are not removed from
the list (shown with L) but they do not appear to be added to the lists
for which Gnus fetches and checks for new messages. If you change your
view instead to the view provided by hitting l, I think you will
discover that only groups with new messages are displayed, and thus the
unsubscribed groups are never listed.

As noted by another post, using C-k works well to remove them from the
groups. :-)

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin