Re: View read articles in a group.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: View read articles in a group.
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:09:43 +0200

Hi Fredrik,

,----[ (info "(gnus)Selecting a Group") ]
| `SPACE'
|      Select the current group, switch to the summary buffer and
|      display the first unread article (`gnus-group-read-group').  If
|      there are no unread articles in the group, or if you give a
|      non-numerical prefix to this command, Gnus will offer to fetch
|      all the old articles in this group from the server.  If you give
|      a numerical prefix N, N determines the number of articles Gnus
|      will fetch.  If N is positive, Gnus fetches the N newest
|      articles, if N is negative, Gnus fetches the `abs(N)' oldest
|      articles.
|
|      Thus, `SPC' enters the group normally, `C-u SPC' offers old
|      articles, `C-u 4 2 SPC' fetches the 42 newest articles, and `C-u
|      - 4 2 SPC' fetches the 42 oldest ones.
|
|      When you are in the group (in the Summary buffer), you can type
|      `M-g' to fetch new articles, or `C-u M-g' to also show the old
|      ones.
`----

Or if you want to display only all (previously) read articles and let
the unread articles disappear, open the summary buffer with all articles
and limit it to read articles with `/ m O'. This works with all marks,
the 'O' is the gnus-ancient-mark, which applies to all messages you've
read in previous session.

Regards,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.