`del' key not working out of x environment

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: `del' key not working out of x environment
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:29:22 +0200

Hi.

If I start Emacs and Gnus out of graphical environment,
when trying to delete a message with `B del', Gnus complains that
`B <deletechar> is undefined'; and if I want to get back one page
within a message, with `del', Gnus complains that the buffer is read only.
Instead, within graphical environment all works fine.
How come, and how to fix that?

Thanks,
Rodolfo