Re: gnus automation & mail?

From: David Chmelik
Subject: Re: gnus automation & mail?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:40:40 -0700 (PDT)

Never mind, I put nntpserver in after news method, and then both in yet another area besides gnus-group/.el-files. Though one may always have to go to the server screen, I must attend to many more critical little-documented bugs, so bye. Just keep in mind that emacs, etc. is philosophically best in ethics, but try to make its' scientific coherence equal its' religious one.
???--

I posted earlier asking 4 - 5 reasons why gnus & gnus-unplugged automation; & maybe nnmail, are pain. Most unfortunate that people want it. I, reject suggestion that I or people asking for help should use Thunderbird (worse becuase of bugs and the one called gui to top them off;) and I am replying. I learned enough lisp to make emacs send from any e-address I say; then yet another built-in forced/redundant variable ruined it. Lisp makes clear that the 3 variables controlling news dling are unclear (or I must learn more, or "interface is no better than I would make" and maybe different per system.) The gnus-unplugged command to enable a server / group in some window works not in slackware; is this a variant undocumented? Sorry for no reply to who wrote me, consequential to using trash & web mailers (I always preferred rmail, 'til it destroyed mail:) I do not even know this is the right listserv. You know I could say xemacs for friends, but it is not gnu, and neither is the os (never mind learning it...) those friends use, so... I still post this about emacs & xemacs.
from David