W3 obsolete

From: Mr. Big
Subject: W3 obsolete
Date: 24 Mar 2006 00:15:54 -0800

After many years I wanted to start reading news with GNUS again,
specifically from http://groups.google.com. I was trying to do this
using the nnweb interface (after scanning info in this group) but nnweb
requires the w3 package which I don't have installed. Searching for it
gives me the information that it is dead (and long live w3?).

So how can I read the groups from http://groups.google.com?

I have no problems with the "normal" groups like gnu.emacs.gnus from an
NNTP server.

sincerely

System is winXP SP2, emacs 21.3 and GNUS 5.9.0