Re: Gnus stuck in select/gettimeofday loop

From: Karl Kleinpaste
Subject: Re: Gnus stuck in select/gettimeofday loop
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:06:31 -0500

Neil Woods <cnw+usenet-0602@pobox.com> writes:
> Occasionally¹ Emacs will lock up completely whilst in Gnus, at this
> point it is unresponsive to C-g.
> Any help on this, and advice on how best I can debug this would be
> greatly appreciated.

Just to be clear, the fact that Emacs becomes unresponsive to C-g is a
sure indicator that you have a bug in Emacs itself, not in Gnus.

It might be more helpful if you'd let folks know the exact version of
GNU Emacs that you've got (M-x emacs-version RET); perhaps there is a
known problem from that version, and possibly you should merely find
an update more recent than Debian's snapshot.