Re: Microsoft Exchange Server

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:11:17 +0100

On 03 Feb 2006 17:40:53 -0500, Paul wrote:

> Just so you know: Evolution Connector only works with Exchange 2000 and
> newer.  Those versions of Exchange have a web-based client access
> capability (that must be enabled on the server) called Outlook Web
> Access (OWA).

> Connector works, basically, by pretending to be an OWA client and
> accessing the Exchange information, including email and calendaring
> info, through the OWA interface.  It does not mimic a "real" lookOut!
> client.

I don't care whether the thing that allows me to use Gnus is a "real"
Outlook mimic or if it pretends to be an "Outlook Web Access" client -
I just want to use Gnus.

:-)

> Ask your admins if they support OWA on your Exchange server; if they
> don't you won't even be able to use Evolution.

I'm using Evolution now.

(That is where the idea of an daemon thing in front of the Evolution
Data Server came from).

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk