Re: how to subscribe to lists.freedesktop.org

From: David Z Maze
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:57:14 -0500

Leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I was looking for a way to have all the mailing lists
> @list.freedesktop.org available under gnus. I don't know if there is a
> backend similar nntp.

I deal with mailing lists by subscribing to them normally and using
gnus-(fancy-)split-methods to sort each list into its own group.  I
also make groups that correspond to mailing lists total-expirable so
that mail doesn't back up and eat up my filespace quota, and set the
to-address group parameter so that follow-ups to list messages only go
to the list and never to the sender.

You also might look at gmane.org (from the creators of Gnus!), which
offers news copies of lots of mailing lists.  In particular,
nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.comp.freedesktop.* might be the set of
groups you're looking for.

  --dzm