Re: nnimap move behaving like copy

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: nnimap move behaving like copy
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:40:29 +0100

Kevin Greiner <kevin.greiner@compsol.cc> writes:

> Kevin Greiner <kevin.greiner@vignette.com> writes:
>
>> "Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hey ho.
>>>
>>> For some time now, whenever I move an article from one nnimap group to
>>> another (same server), it is failing to delete the article from the
>>> original group.

Regarding your earlier question (which I can't find on my server):
Does it still happen if the server is removed from the Agent?

I think the answer is "no".  I've been using ognus in the meanwhile,
but I just switched back to ngnus to check this out.  I removed the
imap server from the agent and moved some articles.  I left the group,
re-entered and don't see the articles.

I was a bit surprised by this answer, since the problem is
server-side.  Apparently, when the imap server is plugged into the
agent, "B m" doesn't add a "Deleted" flag to the server.  The mail is
still found on the server after exiting the group.

Thanks for your help.

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"Radicals are interesting because they were considered 'radical' by