Re: nnimap move behaving like copy

From: Kevin Greiner
Subject: Re: nnimap move behaving like copy
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:39:48 -0600

"Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> writes:

> Hey ho.
>
> For some time now, whenever I move an article from one nnimap group to
> another (same server), it is failing to delete the article from the
> original group.
>
> I've tried to diagnose the problem, but I don't know diddly about
> nnimap.  I've looked at nnimap-request-move-article.  The final
> command there is:
>
>            (imap-message-flags-add
>             (imap-range-to-message-set (list article))
>             "\\Deleted" 'silent nnimap-server-buffer)
>
> Gnus clearly reaches that command (I asked for messages before and
> after it).  But nonetheless, the article still sits happily on my
> server.
>
> I don't know how to figure out whether the article is being marked
> "Deleted" or not.  The server is a courier-imap server on another of
> my machines, so I have access to whatever logs are being created.
>
> The problem seems to have started after updating to No Gnus v0.3
> from Oort Gnus.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the agent enabled for this server?  If so, try turning it
off for a short test.  Open the group containing the original article
with the agent turned off.  Does the article still appear?  If so, can
you specify the precise command that you used?  The only time I use
nnimap is when I'm testing agent problems so I may not know how to
reproduce an obvious example.

Kevin