problem: .overview~[0-9]*~ files not being deleted

From: wayne
Subject: problem: .overview~[0-9]*~ files not being deleted
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 02:11:43 GMT

Ok, I have a wierd one that I hope someone has heard of before.  I've
poked around some, but I can't find the cause.  I confess I haven't
dug deeply into the code though.

A while back, I suddenly started to accumulate old .overview~[0-9]*~
files in my ~/News/agent/ subdirectories.  They stick around for ever,
so it isn't just keeping the last 4 files.  They seem to accumulate in
most groups, but maybe not all of them.

I think this started happening when I upgraded to gnus "No gnus v0.4",
but I'm not certain.  It took a while before I noticed that my disk
was overflowing with them.  I'm running Debian Linux and uxing "XEmacs
21.4 (patch 17) \"Jumbo Shrimp\" [Lucid] (i386-debian-linux) of Sat
May 28 2005 on penell"

Other than the accumulation of these .overview files, things seem to
be working fine.

Any ideas?  Should I just create a cron job to delete them?

-wayne