Re: Why can't I see my X-face?

From: Emre Sevinc
Subject: Re: Why can't I see my X-face?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 00:22:53 +0300

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 28 2005, Emre Sevinc wrote:
>
>> However, when I read back the messages I posted, I can't see
>> any graphics.
>
> See the manual:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)X-Face") ]
> |    Decoding an `X-Face' header either requires an Emacs that has
> | `compface' support (which most XEmacs versions has), or that you have
> | `compface' installed on your system.  If either is true, Gnus will
> | default to displaying `X-Face' headers.
> `----
>
>> But I can see some graphics when I read some other people's
>> posts, e.g. the ones from Pascal Bourguignon in comp.lang.lisp;
>> hmm, I've just checked his headers and his is somehow different:
>>
>> Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
>> Subject: Re: Why Lisp is not popular with average programmers
>
> "Face" != "X-Face", see (info "(gnus)Face") and (info "(gnus)X-Face").

Thank you very much. I followed your pointers and created
a 48x48 pixels JPEG image and used

(setq message-default-headers
        (with-temp-buffer
          (insert "Face: ")
          (insert (gnus-face-from-file "~/pics/emre-face.jpg"))
          (buffer-string)))

and it brought a big, long Face: ... header. I think
it works now.

Thanks again.

--
Emre Sevinc

eMBA Software Developer         Actively engaged in:
http:www.bilgi.edu.tr           http://ileriseviye.org
http://www.bilgi.edu.tr         http://fazlamesai.net
Cognitive Science Student       http://cazci.com
http://www.cogsci.boun.edu.tr