What to do about "Bad URL syntax"?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: What to do about "Bad URL syntax"?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:45:55 +0200

[I posted this in gnu.emacs.help first but did not notice that this
group existed]

Hi!

>From time to time I get only the text "Bad URL syntax" as message body
when reading news. After a while I figured out that it probably is
because the message is a HTML-message. Not sure though, but I can read
the same post using a "normal" news-reader, and the times I have
bothered to check it has been HTML-messages.

I can live with this though. I tried searching Google for it (like
"bad url syntax gnus") and never find anything useful; it seems only I
have this problem.

Today I wanted to check out the new RSS-support in GNUS, an although
adding the RSS as a group, and listing it, went well, the body of all
"messages" are again "Bad URL syntax".

Has anyone else seen this? What might I do wrong?

I use a quite recent (2005-06-26) CVS Emacs under Windows XP.

/Mathias