Re: nnml doesn't show all messages

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: nnml doesn't show all messages
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:39 +0200

Hallöchen!

jpranav@cisco.com (Pranav K. Tiwari) writes:

> I archive my messages into an nnml group, resulting in some nnml groups
> which have 5-6000 emails.
>
> Reading some of these groups through nnml sometimes doesn't show all the
> messages. I realized that the .overview file is sometimes
> incomplete. Once I remove the .overview, it gets regenerated, and things
> work fine afterwards.

I observed a similar thing.  One emails was missing.  It was the one
with the highest article number.  However, it appeared in the
.overview file, and the .mark file was correct, too.  Then I fixed
the upper article number limit in .newsrc.eld but it didn't help
either.  Finally I moved the Email to its own folder (I could get it
by pressing ^ from its follow-up) and everything was fine.  :-/

Tschö,
Torsten.

--
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus            ICQ 264-296-646