Re: Disappear Marks

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Disappear Marks
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:34:29 +0200

khjacker@gmail.com writes:

> Sorry to reply to my own posting (and from Google, no less!), but my
> original article about "Disappearing Marks" disappeared!  I.e., I
> "marked" it with a `!`, but it "went away" ...
>
> Some new info ... it appears that marks for *emails* do remain, it is
> only those from newsgroups that "go away".

Of course articles don't remain longer than the server stores them.
If you want to cache them locally, use *

* runs the command gnus-cache-enter-article
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-cache'.
It is bound to *, <menu-bar> <Article> <Cache> <Enter article>.
(gnus-cache-enter-article &optional N)

Enter the next N articles into the cache.
If not given a prefix, use the process marked articles instead.
Returns the list of articles entered.

[back]