Re: strange copies of mail

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: strange copies of mail
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:34:51 -0400

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> I just discovered gnus is dumping copies of my mail-messages in my
> ~/Mail folder. These messages are called Incomin6767Bg4du and
> similar,

I think these days that behavior is controlled by
`mail-source-delete-incoming', and in CVS/alpha builds of Gnus, that
variable gets defaulted to nil (in beta and release versions ['5.x']
it defaults to t).  If something breaks in the mail-splitting code,
it's intended to give you a safety net so that you can recover mail
from an earlier stage in the process.

> It seems I can safely delete the Incoming### messages. But I wonder
> what happened.. Does anybody recognize this new gnus- (or fetchmail-)
> behaviour?

If they are in fact being produced by Gnus, it's safe to just blow
them away.  Did you recently change versions of Gnus somehow, possibly
from a 5.10 version or one included with your Emacs?

  --dzm