Switch from Outlook express to GNUS

From: Bijan Minaee
Subject: Switch from Outlook express to GNUS
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 08:34:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hi guys
This may sound a dumb question, but hear me out please.
Like millions of people around the world I have used the Outlook Express as
my news reader, without any hassles or fear.
I have of late discovered the vast array of goodies within Emacs
(Particularly the Windows version) .I have also stumbled on Gnus as another
news reader application.
I am keen to explore the possibilities and capabilities of Gnus, but am
rather limited in my expertise in making the transition.
Are there any tried and tested routine to achieve a smooth setup?

Many many thanks for all and any pointers.

Bijan