Unique Splitting

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Unique Splitting
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:36:27 -0400

[Debian/sarge; gnus v5.10.17]

Has something changed in the way "splitting" works?

I *thought* that nnmail-split-methods was scanned for the first
match.  Then, the corresponding incoming article was saved.

But now, add'l matches are occurring and the same article is appearing
in other groups. Gnus-summary-respool-trace used to just show, e.g.,
"cron", but now it is showing "cron, root".

I want to put various emails (cron, logwatch, ...) from root to
specific folders ('cron', 'logwatch', ...). If the mail originating
from root doesn't match any of those, I want the letter filed in a
(plain) 'root' folder.

How can I have the splitting terminate after the first match?

I swear things changed within the last few weeks/ months ...
or maybe I'm just going crazy?  ;-)

Thanks for your help!
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu