multiple lines in summary mode

From: Pranav K. Tiwari
Subject: multiple lines in summary mode
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:59:21 +0530

I tried inserting a "\n" before subject in gnus-summary-line-format to
be able to display long subject headers, sender and receivers in the
summary buffer. I'll like the summary buffer to look like:

O. 1  2k: Thu 22:45:Ed Hartnett
                   how to subscribe to mailing list?
O. 1  1k:      0:52:Brep
                   How to post articles in different charset
                   for different group?
O. 1  2k: Thu 22:45:Ed Hartnett
                   how to subscribe to mailing list?
O. 1  1k:      0:52:Brep
                   How to post articles in different charset
                   for different group?

But if I insert a \n anywhere except the end of
gnus-summary-line-format, gnus hangs while "Generating Summary". So I
assume there's something in gnus code that relies on one summary being
on one line.

Can someone suggest where I should look for this?

thx,
-p

--
Pranav Tiwari