Re: Editing from Draft

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: Editing from Draft
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:59:50 -0400

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> On Tue, May 10 2005, Phillip Lord wrote:
>
>> If I run M-x gnus-draft-mode in the drafts summary buffer then all works
>> correctly
>
> The group somehow lost it's draft property.  Ah, we already have something in
> the manual (probably not in 5.9, [1]) about this problem:
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Drafts") ]
> |    If the group doesn't exist, it will be created and you'll be subscribed
> | it.  The only way to make it disappear from the Group buffer is to
> | unsubscribe it.  The special properties of the draft group comes from a
> group
> | property (*note Group Parameters::), and if lost the group behaves like any
> | other group.  This means the commands below will not be available.  To
> | restore the special properties of the group, the simplest way is to kill the
> | group, using `C-k', and restart Gnus.  The group is automatically created
> | again with the correct parameters.  The content of the group is not lost.
> `----
>
> Bye, Reiner.

Wow, that's a good tip. I've been wondering about this for some time. I have
always just been manually starting gnus-draft-mode before editing a draft.

I wonder how the property got lost, though. I don't think I have ever done
anything to edit the properties of the draft group, and I definitely did not
create it by hand.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net