Re: Emacs Lisp signature utility

From: David Trudgett
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp signature utility
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:26:21 +1000

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:

> David Trudgett <wpower@zeta.org.au.nospamplease> writes:
>
>> I've just posted on my website a little Emacs Lisp utility to add a
>> randomly chosen signature to your news or email messages.
>
> Given that you're using Gnus, why not use Posting Styles here? See the
> "signature" and "signature-file" attributes in the Posting Styles
> documentation.¹ There are lots of examples out there.
>

> Footnotes:
> ¹ (Info-goto-node "(gnus)Posting Styles")

Thanks, Steven, I didn't know about that. I'm only a new Emacs
user. It might come in handy in the future. Right now, I don't think I
need that level of customisation power. If I ever need to chop and
change according to different criteria, then now I know what I'll be
using to do it!

David

Random sig chooser (Emacs Lisp):
   http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/dkt/programs/sig.el
Tic-Tac-Toe game (Common Lisp):
   http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/dkt/programs/tictactoe.lisp

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

Naturally the common people don't want war...but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always a simple
matter to drag the people along...  All you have to do is tell them
they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of
patriotism and exposing the country to danger.  It works the same in
any country.

    -- Hermann Goering (1893-1946), 1936