disk full <-> Gnus fetching mail

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: disk full <-> Gnus fetching mail
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:30:59 +0200

Hi,

which files can I delete without running into too much trouble
after running into one of those `end of file during parsing
errors'?

Using the agent, my candidates are:

~/News/agent/nnimap/.agent*
~/News/agent/nnimap/.overview*
~/.newsrc*

Background: Gnus is always active (fetching Mails/NG every 10-30
min). If I fill the rest of the free space on my HD with data
(the command `df' on unix will show 0) during that time Gnus will
screw up one of the files above. Resulting in the
End-of-file-during-parsing-error... somewhere ...

Since my mails are on an IMAP-server I know that nothing is lost
(except for marking).

Are there further files to include in a potential
clean-up-after-disk-is-full script (it has taken me quite some
time to find ~/News.agent* with filesize *0k*. Deleting it solved
my problem. Finding it took quite a lot of time)?

Thankful for any advice/pointers

Patrick
--
I never used a logarithm in my life, and could not undertake to
extract the square root of four without misgivings.