Re: Personality / Alias / Posting Style State of the Union?

From: Marc
Subject: Re: Personality / Alias / Posting Style State of the Union?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:02:28 +0200

"Bruno Hertz" <spammer.go.home@gmail.com> writes:

> gnus-alias.el, dating back to 2003, and apart from one or two minor
> points it worked alright, with Emacs CVS in my case (IIRC, one issue

Hi,

Recently I tried to use gnus-alias.el and ran into a problem concerning
the user-mail-address. The documentation says that
(setq gnus-alias-override-user-mail-address t)
should force the user-mail-addres to match the one in the From field,
but it seems to be broken (at least, in my tests it was not working)
(this is anoying as the Return-Path field will be set according to this
value by the MTA).

'address' field in posting-style is working fine.

Marc