sort the articles on imap server by date physically

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: sort the articles on imap server by date physically
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:54:47 +0200

Hello

Due to some changes and collapses of the mail sytem, some of my mail
on the imap server, in some folders, is not in chronological order.
With gnus I can sort it by date, however this sorting is not
permanent. VM on the other hand offers a possibility to sort messages
either virtually or physically. Does gnus offer such a
functionality. I searched the documentation but without success.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer