always maximized article buffer - how?

From: Peter Petersen
Subject: always maximized article buffer - how?
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 04:23:38 +0200

Hello,

After studying the info pages I am still confused... How can I force the
article buffer to be always maximized, i.e. I click on an interesting
header (in the summary buffer) and the corresponding article opens
maximized!

Currently, I play around with something like:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article (vertical 1.0 (summary 0.1 point)
                         (article 1.0))))

which doesn't open the article buffer maximized, but displays a little
bit of the summary buffer still.

If I try:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article (vertical 1.0
                         (article 1.0 point))))

the article buffer IS maximized, BUT:
the point (cursor) in longer articles is always at the end of an article
instead of at the beginning of the article!?

The basic goal I have in my head is to achieve something like the easy
way of switching between group buffer, summary buffer and article buffer
(all of them maximized automatically) à la Forte Agent:

In Forte Agent one can simply switch between these 3 buffers by entering
the number 1, 2 or 3 - which is quite convenient.

Waiting for your ideas, thanks.

Peter