Re: Face - problem!!

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: Re: Face - problem!!
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:56:18 -0700

Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:

> I want to insert face into my news posts and I have the following lines in my
> .gnus file
>
> (setq message-required-news-headers
>    (nconc message-required-news-headers
>         (list '(Face . (lambda ()
>                  (gnus-face-from-file "~/.xemacs/face.jpg"))))))
>
> The value of the variable is also set accordingly to
>
> But it doesn't seems to have the intended effect.

I was finally able to do this by setting the  gnus-posting-styles variable.
     (Face (lambda()(gnus-face-from-file "~/.xemacs/face.jpg"))

Doc: http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_139.html#SEC139

What I was doing earlier was also from documentation:
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_286.html#SEC286

If it is something which has changed with the newer version of gnus and is no
longer supported then the documentation should be modified to reflect this
change.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.

--
Surendra Singhi
www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/

"O thou my friend! The prosperity of Crime is like unto the lightning,
whose traitorous brilliancies embellish the atmosphere but for an
instant, in order to hurl into death's very depths the luckless one
they have dazzled." -- Marquis de Sade