Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: BBDB and EUDC/LDAP
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:16:08 +0200

Le 29 Mar 2005, Reiner Steib vraute :

> > Instead maybe you  could tell me a recipe to update  Emacs cvs with Gnus
> > cvs  ? I  have already  a local  checkout of  Emacs that  i update/build
> > regularly. I could also checkout Gnus. Then ?
>
> Install Gnus (form CVS) and make sure that it's lisp directory
> precedes .../emacs/22*/lisp/gnus/ from Emacs in `load-path'.

It's ok. I used

./configure --with-emacs --with-lispdir=/Users/seki/.elisp/gnus \
            --with-etcdir=/Users/seki/.elisp/gnus/etc

Then make  / make install.  It just  failed to fetch  the faq as  direct cvs
access does not function from my company network.

> > I could patch emacs/lisp/gnus with gnus/lisp directory and so on ? Maybe
> > you have a batch script for such update ?
>
> http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/gnus/Gnus-5-11.sh is
> the script that I have used to install Gnus 5.10.6 in Emacs' CVS.  But
> I don't use it anymore because the merging is done semi-automatically
> by Miles Bader (using his arch repository).

As the separate Gnus installation is  working, I might not need that script.
Thank you anyway.

--
Sébastien Kirche