Re: to pop gmail

From: Andrew Raines
Subject: Re: to pop gmail
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:17:32 -0600

xcaptain@163.com (xcaptain(小马哥)) writes:

> how to use gnus to gets mails in gmail

Gnus's mail-sources doesn't support SSL with 'pop[1], which
is the only way to interact with Gmail besides HTTPS, AFAIK
(pop.gmail.com:995).

You should probably configure a retriever like getmail or
fetchmail to download your messages to a local spool and then
configure Gnus from there.  If you use 'file for your
mail-sources, you could call your retriever with :prescript.

Also, since you're using CVS Emacs, I would migrate to the
packaged, modern Gnus 5.11 instead of what you're using:

I have no idea if my mail source comments apply to 5.9.

Footnotes:
[1]  Or, it's not documented if it does.

        (info "(gnus)Mail Source Specifiers")

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)