Default article save in Gnus

From: Neil Woods
Subject: Default article save in Gnus
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:04:17 +0000

I've been using the default save ('o') from the summary buffer which
creates RMAIL files in the ~/News directory.

Now my ~/News directory is filled with many files with names mirroring
the newsgroup name. Some also have names such as nnml:mail.misc, etc.

How can I specify the default directory to save these files, say
~/News/saved-articles?

Also, is it possible to read a directory of these files in one
operation, creating a kind of virtual server?

Up till now I've been reading each one using the nndoc backend (with
names like nndoc+/home/neil/News/gnu.emacs.gnus:gnu.emacs.gnus).

Is there a better way of doing this?

I'm currently using Gnus 5.10.7 (but about to upgrade to No Gnus 0.3).
--
Neil