Bug in CVS Gnus?

From: Alexander Syrov
Subject: Bug in CVS Gnus?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:54:15 +0300

Hello.

I checked out the latest Gnus from CVS and started using it. I get new news
as usual, read them and they are marked as read. But when I get new news
the next time, all articles fetched since I installed CVS Gnus reappear as
unread again (their number is shown in Group buffer and there are no marks
for these articles in Summary buffer). Gnus doesn't display any errors.

I rolled back to Gnus 5.10.6 and everything works fine again, all read
articles remain read forever.

I cannot blame any settings in my .gnus, because I didn't change them, just
rolled back to an earlier version of Gnus and the bug is gone.

--
Regards,
Alexander Syrov.