Re: Gnus with cygnus & Earthlink is hanging and flaky for me

From: Darin Johnson
Subject: Re: Gnus with cygnus & Earthlink is hanging and flaky for me
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 03:43:38 GMT

Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> writes:

> I'm having trouble with Gnus under cygwin using Earthlink news
> servers.

Here's part of the problem.  Using Ethereal to snoop the network
it seems the server is sending back:

  502 Login refused; members are limited to 4 concurrent connections.

Then gnus tries again and again without giving up.  In this case,
retrying the LIST command.  So why is Gnus opening up more than
4 connections, even when I have turned off prefetching?  How
can I close them all, or debug emacs to find which are open?

--
Darin Johnson
    "Are you a doctor?"   "No, but I watched."