Inconsistence between emacs gnus and mozilla with chinese characters

From: romeomedina
Subject: Inconsistence between emacs gnus and mozilla with chinese characters
Date: 20 Feb 2005 03:52:38 -0800

Hi.

This is my problem:

I want to use gnus as my mail agent and mozilla as web browser.
I did experiments and noticed that the two are apparently
inconsistent as concerned with chinese characters. I.e.:

1) I can properly send and receive mails
   (containing chinese characters input via 'scim') using emacs gnus;
2) I can properly input and read chinese characters
   in mozilla navigator once I've selected
   View > Character Encoding > Unicode (UTF-8);

but:

1) if I compose and send to myself an e-mail via web mail with
   mozilla navigator and collect it with gnus,
   I can't read chinese characters;
2) vice versa, if I compose and send an e-mail via gnus
   and try to read it within Internet with mozilla navigator
   I can't read chinese characters.

Any idea about this problem?
The same happens if I select *any* other chinese encoding system
featured by mozilla navigator.
Besides,

1) if I compose and send to myself an e-mail via mozilla navigator
   and collect it with MicroSoft Outlook I can't read chinese
characters;
2) if I compose and send an e-mail via gnus
   and try to read it with MS Outlook I *can* properly
   read chinese characters.

So, the following interactions work fine:
gnus -> gnus; (mozilla navigator) -> (mozilla navigator);
gnus -> (MS Outlook),
whereas the following do not properly work:
gnus -> (mozilla navigator); (mozilla navigator) -> gnus;
(mozilla navigator) -> (MS Outlook).
But I'm not interested in using MS Outlook, I just did a trial with it.
I'm interested in using gnus as mail agent and mozilla as web navigator
or, in place of mozilla, some linux web browser that `agrees' with gnus

in displaying chinese characters input via 'scim'.
Can anyone else from this mailing list provide help or
suggestion about this matter? Is the inconsistence normal or there's a
way
to work it out, and how?
I'm composing the present message with mozilla navigator:
here are chinese characters:

中国
中國

Thanks indeed to anyone will be able to provide help.
Rodolfo