Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode

From: Neil Woods
Subject: Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:37:03 +0000

,----[ (info "(gnus)Daemons") ]
| Gnus, being larger than any program ever written (allegedly), does lots
| of strange stuff that you may wish to have done while you're not
| present.  For instance, you may want it to check for new mail once in a
| while.  Or you may want it to close down all connections to all servers
| when you leave Emacs idle.  And stuff like that.
|
|    Gnus will let you do stuff like that by defining various "handlers".
| Each handler consists of three elements:  A FUNCTION, a TIME, and an
| IDLE parameter.
`----

E.g., the following lines added to your ~/.gnus will download new
messages every 10 minutes:

(require 'gnus-demon)
(setq gnus-use-demon t)
(gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-get-new-news 10 t)
(gnus-demon-init)
(gnus-demon-add-rescan)

--
Neil Woods <cnw+usenet@pobox.com>
/* Do you ever get that feeling of deja vu? */