moving mail from mew (MH) into gnus

From: Josef Dalcolmo
Subject: moving mail from mew (MH) into gnus
Date: 09 Feb 2005 12:24:36 +0100

I try to move my large mew mail folders into gnus. I figured I can
translate the MH folders into mbox format, then read them with gnus
one by one, but this is cumbersome. I could not set up a method to
read the mh folders directly - perhaps because my cygwin installation
refuses to provide the mh utilities inc, mhl etc.

Also, ideally all my mails would end up in equivalent nnmh folders,
with the same structure. Any suggestions?

I am getting doubtful if gnus is going to give me what I want (as a
mail reader). It seems rather cumbersome to move mails around (nothing
as simple as pressing a single key for re-filing with automatic target
suggestion like mew has) - or perhaps I am still not understanding
Gnus enough.

- Josef